4 Year Public University
Director of Admissions
Phone: + 1 201 200 3234
Director of International Services
Phone: + 1 201 200 2089
For more information, please contact:
Office of International Services
New Jersey City University
2039 Kennedy Boulevard
Jersey City, New Jersey 07305, USA
Fall Semester (September) June 15
Spring Semester (January) November 15
2039 John F. Kennedy Boulevard
Jersey City, NJ 07305
New Jersey City University provides a traditional university environment in the heart of a dynamic urban area. NJCU’s location-just minutes from Manhattan- puts you in reach of virtually everything that makes the East Coast such a great place to live and work. As an NJCU student, you’ll find challenging classes, state-of-the-art technology, an exciting athletics program, and professors who truly care about your academic success.
NJCU is a fully-accredited, comprehensive Public University. We offer more than 70 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs in Business, Education, the Arts, Humanities, Sciences, and many more. For a complete listing of undergraduate majors, please visit www.njcu.edu/Majors.aspx. For a complete listing of graduate programs, see www.njcu.edu/graduate/grad./.
Applicants whose first language is not English must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). A minimum score of 79 on the TOEFL or 6.5 on the IELTS is required. All students will be tested for English proficiency and may take ESL classes concurrent with their major classes.
Student Housing Options
NJCU’s three Residence Halls provide an opportunity to experience campus life, meet new people, and learn in a multicultural environment outside of the classroom. For more information on housing, please visit www.njcu.edu/residencelife./.
For complete Graduate and Undergraduate admissions materials and information on costs and scholarships, please visit www.njcu.edu/studynj.
- NJCU Application for Admission
- Official transcripts of all secondary and post-secondary work completed. All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an evaluation agency that is a member of NACES (National Council of Credential Evaluation Services www.naces.org ). Students who have completed post-secondary study should request a course by course evaluation that lists individual subjects and grades.
- Freshman applicants or transfer applicants who have completed fewer than 12 credits must submit an official Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT) scores (Code No. 2516 for SAT and No. 2570 for ACT).
- A minimum TOEFL score of 79 or 6.5 on the IELTS
- I-20 Application Package
NJCU also welcomes non-degree visiting students for a semester or year.
Cost of Attendance and Financial Assistance
New Jersey City University offers a superior education at a competitive cost. Annual estimated costs are (2014 figures):
- Tuition and Fees (academic year): US $19,600
- Room and Board (academic year): $11,000
- Miscellaneous Expenses: US $6,000
- Total: US $36,600
- All international applicants must document sufficient financial support to be considered for admission.
NJCU offers a limited number of scholarships of up to $5,000 per year to qualified international students.
Student Activities and Campus Life
NJCU has over 30 clubs and organizations that are open to all students. Participating in a student-run club or organization will provide you with many opportunities to develop leadership, social, and recreational skills outside the formal academic setting. We have 12 men’s and women’s athletics teams, including soccer, baseball, basketball, track, and volleyball, along with a number of intramural and recreational sport programs.